Publishing my Photos

 Search for me on gettyimages.ca

Monarch Caterpillar





So very delighted to have 58 photos chosen for purchase on the gettyimages website. Here you can select high-resolution stock photography for sale at a variety of sizes. I am so very happy that this Canadian website has decided to feature my photography and offer a selection for purchase through their site. Most of the images chosen are nature specific because that is the subject matter I usually chose to follow. Only one image is none nature, a photograph of bubbles that I shot at home.

Experiment with bubbles

In the past I have been credited to have some of my photos chosen for publication but have not been any monetary price attached to such published images. I was so very honoured to have my first published photo selected by Ramsar: The Convention on Wetlands an international organization dedicated to the protection on Wetlands of International Importance. The image that was selected was of a Northern Green Frog photographed at a Ramsar site : Baie de les grenouilles, Lac Saint-François National Wildlife Area, Quebec, Canada. Ramsar site no. 361. 

Northern Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans melanota)

The campaign in which it was selected for publish was an electronic e-card that people could send to friends and family to celebrated World Wetlands Day on February 2nd. It was a pretty cool publishing campaign to be apart of as my first experience in the publishing game and would lead to other very notable uses of my photographs. 

I think my second publish was for a Wisconsin Butterfly Field Guide that featured on of my many butterfly pictures. It was great to be apart of this seeing that I am mostly an Ontario photographer. 

Hobomok Skipper (Poanes hobomok) Purdon Conservation Area, Lanark, Ontario, Canada.

I have been so very lucky to have a number of my images selected by Canadian Geographic Magazine for publishing and contest selection. My first publish for the magazine was of my favourite bird, the Red-breasted Nuthatch. I have a great fondness for this bird because of how friendly they are and how photogenic they present themselves. The photos below are just a number of images selected by the society for the publication in the magazine, calendars, web campaigns and contests.

First published in Canadian Geographic Magazine.

Chosen as Photo of the Week on Canadian Geographic website.

Selected for Calendar publishing

Short list finalist for contest.

My biggest win and publish to date :

I was so very overwhelmed on September 13, 2018 when I found out I won a big photo competition & would be representing my country of Canada 🍁. This most beautiful encounter with a female Pronghorn that I call "The Girl."  Here is the letter I received : 

Hello Greg!

This email is sent with congratulations and gratitude for your participation in the Biodiversity Photo Contest held in the month of August. We at the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) are pleased to inform you that your photo was selected to appear in our book, “Celebrating 25 Years of Biological Diversity”, under the country profile of Canada. As an added bonus, your photo will also be a part of an exhibit taking place at the United Nations General Assembly in New York this September. The exhibit will highlight case studies of biodiversity successes and photography from 30 different countries and your photo, its description, and your credit will be included with the Canada as well. The event will also be a celebration of 25 years of the CBD, and will be attended by UN representatives and delegates from all around the world!

We would like to thank you again for participating in the contest, and allowing us the opportunity to see some fantastic, personal imagery of biodiversity from around the world. It was truly amazing to get so many fantastic submissions, your photo included.  We hope you continue to follow the CBD on our social media and hope you continue to be an advocate for Biodiversity and Nature in your home country.

Congratulations!

CBD Social Media Team

Pronghorn (Antilocapra americana)


I first learned what going viral meant when I uploaded this image of Black-tailed Jackrabbit that I came across at Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Nevada, United States. Ramsar site no. 347. First uploaded in April 2016 to Project Noah as a species spotting it was picked up by Frans de Wall - Public Page it was then posted everywhere. Displayed at a Gallery in London, painted by two artists, and basically showed up all over the internet. But I was especially proud to have Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service feature the photo both online and offline. Almost leading to a volunteer position with the Refuge. 

Black-tailed Jackrabbit (Lepus californicus)

I have a great fondness for photographing rabbits & hares, people like using my photos to promote information on them. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation used some of my Snowshoe Hare images to discuss how their fur changes from brown to white during the winter months on their social media links. 

Snowshoe Hare (Lepus americanus)

One of my most favourite internet publishings was when Encyclopedia of Life selected my photo of a Ghost Tiger Beetle to feature the species splash page on their site, eol.org. They have since changed it but the photo still remains quite popular and has been published by the Ontario Provincial Government wildlife publication. Tiger Beetles are my all-time favourite insect to photograph. They are the fastest running insect on the planet for their size and it is even said that they are blind at their running speeds. 

Ghost Tiger Beetle (Ellipsoptera lepida)

Lastly, The Granby Zoo - Zoo de Granby of Quebec has selected two of my photos for interpretive panels at their zoo. one of a frog and another of a vole. It would be a great honour to assist a Canadian Zoo in this fashion. I have sent the photos but have yet to hear if my photos have been chosen to adorn the panels. 

Northern Leopard Frog (Lithobates pipiens)

Southern Red-backed Vole (Clethrionomys gapperi)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music & Artist : Leonard Cohen

Products : Google

Photography : Coke