Posting on 500px & Flickr

 My Most Popular

American Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) Prelude Lake Territorial Park, Northwest Territories, Canada.

I have been a participant on this photo site for about a year now and I find it to be the most puzzling site in which I have posted my photos. 500px allows you to feature your photos and permits you to sell them under a Licensing feature that allows you to keep copyright but you can sell your photos and get paid up to 100% in royalties. So far I have made $3.38 and 69 of my photos are being sold on Getty Images, a Canadian site for royalty-free stock photos and creativity images for sale. You can find my photos here : https://www.gettyimages.ca all in all I have 113 licensed on 500px and I haven't figured out how the process works for the images being selected. 

My first photo sold.

Anyways I do hope my photos pick up in the near future and I can start to generate some income from them, I have just joined a new site Etejo where I can sell my photos as well but I am not as confident as the 500px/gettyimages where I am focusing my sales. Here are more of my most popular on 500px :

American Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) Jack Pine Trail, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Monarch Butterfly (Danaus plexippus) on a Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) at the Dominion Arboretum Ornamental Garden, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Conservation Status: imperiled (S2N,S4B) in Ontario, CA (NatureServe).
American Bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus) Bill Mason Centre, Dunrobin, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Northern Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans melanota) Baie de les grenouilles, Lac Saint-François National Wildlife Area, Quebec, Canada. Ramsar site no. 361.

Northern Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans melanota) Shaw Woodlot, Ontario, Canada.

My main photo site and repository of my favourite photos, where I organise all my images and have been an active user since January 2012, about as long as I have been taking nature photos is Flickr. It is on this site that I have been most active and a supporter, PRO member since the beginning even though you can post for free here. I am currently up to 1.7 million views, 399 followers and have 2436 photos uploaded. I highly recommend this site to anyone how wishes to use a photography site. Here are my most popular photos and the ones that have been featured on Flickr : 

Say's Phoebe (Sayornis saya) Salton Sea, California, United States.

Hairy Woodpecker (Dryobates villosus) Britannia Conservation Area, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Northern Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans melanota) Foley Mountain Conservation Area, Ontario, Canada.

American Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) Britannia Conservation Area, Mud Lake, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. 

Eastern Chipmunk (Tamias striatus) Jack Pine Trail, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

False Dragonhead/Obedient Plant (Physostegia virginiana) Greely, Ontario, Canada. 

Eastern Chipmunk (Tamias striatus) Alleyn-et-Cawood, Quebec, Canada.

Northern Leopard Frog (Lithobates pipiens) Bill Mason Centre, Dunrobin, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Leaves on the Water at the Bill Mason Centre, Dunrobin, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

American Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Amethyst. Shot for FlickrFriday Challenge.

Eastern Gray Squirrel Black Phase (Sciurus carolinensis) Britannia Conservation Area, Mud Lake, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

So those are my main two sites I like to use to feature my photography. I also use YouPic but I stopped supporting them with a membership because they lost my credentials when I was a member. Now I just upload my daily upload but don't follow it as closely as I used to. I find it interesting that my more popular images are usually frogs & squirrels don't know why but it just is the case I find myself in. Here are my two photos that were featured as inspirational and are most popular on YouPic : 

Snowshoe Hare (Lepus americanus) Shirleys Bay, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

European Skipper (Thymelicus lineola) Chapman Mills Conservation Area, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1968 : The Year I was Born

Products : Google

Music & Artist : Leonard Cohen